Public Disposal Sites & Recycling Centers
SANCO Resource Recovery — Lemon Grove Construction, Demolition, and Inert (CDI) Recycling Facility
EDCO's Construction, Demolition, and Inert (CDI) Recycling Facility
CDI PROCESSING FACILITY UPGRADE >
SANCO processes mixed construction loads of wood, concrete, asphalt & gypsum board. Solid, Special, Hazardous and Green Wastes are not accepted at the facility.
When you recycle, you're ensuring conservation of precious natural resources. Equally important, the quantities of wastes that can flow through a facility like SANCO Resource Recovery are very large, with equally large impacts on the consumption of regional landfill capacity.
|Materials Accepted and Recycled:|
|No hazardous or solid waste, please!
*Carpet cannot be commingled with any other CDI material.
According to the California Carpet Stewardship Program, more than 350 million pounds of carpet are buried in California landfills every year, where it stays for centuries without breaking down. But, there is a better way: recycling! Recycling carpet saves natural resources, conserves landfill space, and reduces dependency on fossil fuels. Old carpet can be recycled and made into useful new products like traffic signs, insulation, new carpet, and carpet padding. If you’re replacing your carpet at home, here are the steps you can take to ensure your old carpet stays out of landfills and is recycled instead:
- Keep it dry.
- Keep it debris-free - Remove tack strips, nails, trash and dirt.
- Prepare carpet - Cut carpet into manageable section, separate carpet from pad and roll carpet. Roll, stack or fold carpet pad, and stack carpet tile.
- Drop off carpet (please no area rugs) for recycling (for a fee) at SANCO Resource Recovery.
How to Dispose of CDI and Directions
- Off the 94 heading East, take the Federal Blvd off-ramp and continue straight on Federal Blvd. Enter the last gate of the facility. If you're heading West on the 94, take College Avenue. Go left under the bridge and right onto Federal Blvd. EDCO/SANCO is on the FWY side of Federal Blvd between San Miguel Avenue and Central Avenue, Lemon Grove.
- Pull into the EDCO/SANCO driveway closest to Bob Baker Toyota.
- Drive straight onto the scale. The scale attendant will give you your full weight ticket at that time.
- Drive into the building and follow the directions of the spotter who is there to assist you.
- After dumping, drive out of the building and get back on the scale.
- The scale attendant will present your ticket for payment.
Current rates are posted at the facility or you can call (619) 287-7555 to inquire.
What can I bring?
Wood, metals, rock, concrete, asphalt, drywall, and cardboard. No hazardous waste or garbage, please.
Do I have to sort the different materials?
Absolutely not! Just bring your mixed load of CDI material only, and we'll do all the work! *One exception: Carpet cannot be commingled with any other CDI material.
Do I have to make an appointment?
NO. The facility is open to the public six days per week Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There are no long lines and appointments are not necessary.
Can I get credit?
If you use our solid waste transfer station in San Diego, La Mesa, Escondido, Ramona, Fallbrook or our CDI facility in San Marcos, you can get credit with SANCO. Or, you may complete a credit application and we'll process it for approval – call our office for more information. Please call in advance to ensure we have you set up and eliminate time wasted dealing with it at SANCO.
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 6:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Open All Holidays (with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day: full closure)
Address & Directions
Address: 6750 Federal Blvd. (for map and driving directions click here)
Phone: (619) 287-7555