Public Disposal Sites & Recycling Centers
SANCO Resource Recovery—Lemon Grove Construction, Demolition, and Inert (CDI) Recycling Facility
EDCO's Construction, Demolition, and Inert (CDI) Recycling Facility
CDI PROCESSING FACILITY UPGRADE >
SANCO processes mixed construction loads of wood, concrete, asphalt & gypsum board. Solid, Special, Hazardous and Green Wastes are not accepted at the facility.
When you recycle, you're ensuring conservation of precious natural resources. Equally important, the quantities of wastes that can flow through a facility like SANCO Resource Recovery are very large, with equally large impacts on the consumption of regional landfill capacity.
How to Dispose of CDI
|Materials Accepted and Recycled:|
|No hazardous or solid waste, please!|
- Off the 94 heading East, take the Federal Blvd off-ramp and continue straight on Federal Blvd. Enter the last gate of the facility. If you're heading West on the 94, take College Avenue. Go left under the bridge and right onto Federal Blvd. EDCO/SANCO is on the FWY side of Federal Blvd between San Miguel Avenue and Central Avenue, Lemon Grove.
- Pull into the EDCO/SANCO driveway closest to Bob Baker Toyota.
- Drive straight onto the scale. The scale attendant will give you your full weight ticket at that time.
- Drive into the building and follow the directions of the spotter who is there to assist you.
- After dumping, drive out of the building and get back on the scale.
- The scale attendant will present your ticket for payment.
Current rates are posted at the facility or you can call (619) 287-7555 to inquire.
What can I bring?
Wood, metals, rock, concrete, asphalt, drywall, and cardboard. No hazardous waste or garbage, please.
Do I have to sort the different materials?
Absolutely not! Just bring your mixed load of CDI material only, and we'll do all the work!
Do I have to make an appointment?
NO. The facility is open to the public six days per week Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There are no long lines and appointments are not necessary.
Can I get credit?
If you use our solid waste transfer station in San Diego, La Mesa, Escondido, Ramona, Fallbrook or our CDI facility in San Marcos, you can get credit with SANCO. Or, you may complete a credit application and we'll process it for approval – call our office for more information. Please call in advance to ensure we have you set up and eliminate time wasted dealing with it at SANCO.
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 6:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Open All Holidays (with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day: full closure)
Address & Directions
Address: 6750 Federal Blvd. (for map and driving directions click here)
Phone: (619) 287-7555