Recycling is Easy with EDCO! You can put all of your recyclables in one container. All you need to remember is what you CAN and what you CAN’T put in a recycling container.
Additional blue residential recycling carts are available at no additional cost! Click here to place a request.
Click on Image to Enlarge
EDCO's Recycling Guidelines
Glass Bottles & Jars*
Recycle all food and beverage containers—clear and colored glass.
Cardboard & Styrofoam Packaging
Flatten or cut boxes and styrofoam to a size that fits comfortably inside recycling cart. No styrofoam packing peanuts.
Recycle your newspaper and everything that is delivered with it—including inserts, coupons, etc.
Recycle aluminum cans and steel cans—including clean & dry paint cans, and empty aerosol cans. Also, recycle aluminum foil.
Recycle all rigid plastics, such as bottles, jugs, and jars, marked to , and all beverage containers labeled "CA Redemption Value" or "CA Cash Refund" including:
- Food & Beverage Containers — Milk, soda, water, salad dressings, cooking oil, yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers, etc.
- Jars & Canisters — Peanut butter jars, mayonnaise jars, aspirin bottles and 35mm film canisters.
- Cleaning Products & Detergents — Bleach, detergent, soap, shampoo, drain cleaners, etc. (Containers must be empty.)
- Automotive & Yard Care Products — EMPTY motor oil, antifreeze, plant food and herbicide containers.
- Miscellaneous Rigid Plastics — Including, but not limited to, plastic buckets with metal handles, plastic drums, totes & empty garbage cans, plastic milk crates, kitty litter buckets, laundry baskets, lawn furniture, and pet carriers, plastic toys, plastic agricultural trays/pots, plastic pallets, and other mixed plastic containers.
Look on the bottom of a plastic item and you should find the "chasing arrow" symbol with a number in the center like the two shown ( to ).
Recycle virtually all clean and dry paper including: writing paper (all colors), computer paper, Xerox paper, "no carbon required" (NCR) forms, catalogs, brochures, magazines, junk mail, phone books, post-it type notes, and shredded paper (place shredded paper inside paper bags to contain shreds). EDCO accepts them all, PLUS if those items have staples, window envelopes, or even those little metal clasps on legal envelopes, they're OK, too! But, please, no large metal items like clasps on Acofastener notebooks or 3-ring binders.
You can also recycle cereal boxes and other clean food packaging, including cake boxes, flour bags, frozen dinner boxes, paper egg cartons, and soda/beer 12-pack carrying boxes. Also recycle paper grocery bags, gift boxes, shoe boxes, paper gift wrap, calendars, and core tubes from paper towels, etc.
To recycle cartons, place empty cartons in recycling cart along with all paper, metal, plastic, and glass recyclables accepted through the program.
*All food and beverage containers do not require rinsing as long as they are empty and free of food and liquids.
- Plastic grocery bags can be returned to grocery stores for recycling or they can be reused.
- Batteries and light bulbs need to be disposed of properly and not placed in trash or recycling containers. Visit our website for proper disposal of HHW items.