Public Disposal Sites & Recycling Centers
EDCO Recycling & Transfer—Signal Hill
EDCO Recycling & Transfer brings convenience to waste drop-off.
It's convenient—in nearby Signal Hill! And if you transport your own bulky waste items and recyclable materials, you now have a quick and easy place to drop them off. It's called EDCO Recycling & Transfer.
Plus, EDCO Recycling & Transfer will buy back your recyclable items such as plastics, cans, etc. We also accept used oil.
Recycling Buyback Center
Accepting all CRV glass, cans and plastic.
Donation-value items accepted including paper, cardboard, and non-CRV household containers.
- Public truck scale for certified vehicle weights
- Courteous staff
- Weekday and weekend hour
- E-waste drop off location
- Household battery drop-off location (must be EDCO customer)
- Home-generated sharps drop-off location (must be EDCO customer)
- Fat, Oil, Grease (FOG) drop-off location
- Certified used motor oil and oil filter drop-off
- Polystyrene (styrofoam)
- *Carpet (no area rugs) recycled for a fee
EDCO Recycling & Transfer is also open to the public for self-hauled waste disposal at a reasonable cost.
According to the California Carpet Stewardship Program, more than 350 million pounds of carpet are buried in California landfills every year, where it stays for centuries without breaking down. But, there is a better way: recycling! Recycling carpet saves natural resources, conserves landfill space, and reduces dependency on fossil fuels. Old carpet can be recycled and made into useful new products like traffic signs, insulation, new carpet, and carpet padding. If you’re replacing your carpet at home, here are the steps you can take to ensure your old carpet stays out of landfills and is recycled instead:
- Keep it dry.
- Keep it debris-free - Remove tack strips, nails, trash and dirt.
- Prepare carpet - Cut carpet into manageable section, separate carpet from pad and roll carpet. Roll, stack or fold carpet pad, and stack carpet tile.
- Drop off carpet (please no area rugs) for recycling (for a fee) at EDCO Recycling & Transfer.
Environmental Collection Center At EDCO Recycling & Transfer
Convenient Collection of:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Universal Waste
- Sharps & Medicine
- Pesticides & Fertilizers
Hours of Operation
|Public Waste Disposal||Mon-Sat 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sun 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Open All Holidays (With The Exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day: Closed)
|Buyback Recycling Center||
Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Environmental Collection Center||Open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each Month
From 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAY WEEKENDS:
Address & Directions
Address: 2755 California Ave. (for map and driving directions click here)
Phone: (562) 597-0608
From I-405 Northbound
From I-405 Southbound
Regional Map of EDCO Recovery & Transfer
Local Map of EDCO Recovery & Transfer
2755 California Ave.
Signal Hill, CA
(click here for map and driving directions)